Cancer is one of the leading causes of death today. And breast cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer that affects 1 of every 10 women and becomes a cause of their loss of breasts or death.
Why breast cancer is a leading cause of death is majorly because there’s a taboo associated with the word ‘breast’ itself. This makes women more prone to the disease and most of them get to know it on the last stage, after which the only option that remains is breast implant, which leaves them without one or both of their breasts.
Following are some of the symptoms of breast cancer that can help you with early detection and safe your life.
1. Uneven or abnormal shape (sudden or gradual change in shape).
2. Cyst-like surface near your nipples.
3. White discharge from your nipples even when you aren’t pregnant or lactating.
4. Heaviness or severe pain on regular basis.
5. Lumps in or around the region (including armpit).
6. Redness or flaky skin in the nipple area or the breast.
7. Discharge of blood from the nipples.
8. Thickness or soreness of breasts.
9. Nipple turning or turned inwards instead of outwards.
10. Any other kind of pain or discomfort around the breast.
The above symptoms may not necessarily indicative breast cancer, but can definitely signal you that something may not be normal. You must get a mammogram done to figure out as early as you can.