“Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self.”
Yoga is a centuries-old way of living which is even prevalent today . Practicing yoga is known to be of great benefit not just for physical health but also mental health and well being. It is important that you adapt such healthy practices in your life and let go your sedentary lifestyle, only then you can be healthy and happy.
So, following are the benefits of practicing yoga:
1. Yoga boosts metabolism, therefore aiding weight loss.
2. Postures and asanas, which are parts of yoga, helps increase the flexibility of body.
Also Read: How to control your anger?
3. It reduces stress , keeps mind calm, lowers anxiety levels, thus fights depression and improves mental health.
4. It improves endurance, strength and balance.
5. Yoga also helps boost brain by increasing focus and attention.
6. It helps control anger and develop patience, thus making the person more calm and happy-go.
7. It improves sleep, preventing insomnia.
8. Regular practice of yoga also boosts respiratory system, strengthening lungs.
9. It prevents lifestyle diseases such as diabetes, blood pressure, cysts , high cholesterol and many more.
10. Last but not the least, it has the potential of curing diseases from root cause , thus improving quality of life.