11 cases of Coronavirus confirmed in US

The cases of Wuhan Coronavirus in US has climbed to 11 as three more cases have been reported in California.
A San Benito County man who had recently traveled back from Wuhan, China, and his wife on late sunday, were confirmed with virus.

The man arrived at San Francisco International Airport on January 24 and was screened and found to be healthy and asymptomatic, said Dr. Martin Fenstersheib, the county’s interim health officer.
The following day, the man faced symptoms

The next day, the man developed symptoms including a cough and low-grade fever, Fenstersheib said.
After a few days, his wife showed similar symptoms.
The couple remained isolated at home since they arrived home, Fenstersheib said.

Another woman who recently travelled from Wuhan to Santa Clara County was confirmed Sunday, to have affected by Corona virus.
She’s the second case in the county , though officials call the cases unrelated.

Elsewhere in California, Orange and Los Angeles counties each have had one confirmed case.

Meanwhile, the World Health Organization (WHO) last week, declared the outbreak , a public health emergency of international concern.
US and many other countries began evacuating their nationals via flights from Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province in China where the virus was first detected.

More than 360 people have died and over than 17,000 have been infected in China. Around the world, in more than 20 countries, over 170 cases have been confirmed so far.

Some of the most commercial air careers have suspended their flights from travelling China amid the level 4 travel advisory warnings issued by the US for residents to not travel China.

On Monday, Hua, a spokeswoman for China’s Foreign Ministry accused the US government of inappropriately responding to the outbreak and feeding mass hysteria.

“Most countries appreciate and support China’s efforts to fight against the novel coronavirus, and we understand and respect them when they adopt or enhance quarantine measures at border entry,” Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Hua Chunying said.

“But in the meantime, some countries, the US in particular, have inappropriately overreacted, which certainly runs counter to WHO advice.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Aastha Kochar

Aastha Kochar

Ask us,
learn more

Share your Feedback/Query with us and our team will get in touch with you within 2 business Days.

tell us a bit more.