According to UKRI, Twitter is a ‘microblogging’ system that allows you to send and receive short posts called tweets. Tweets can be up to 140 characters long and can include links to relevant websites and resources.
The platform gained popularity as an official platform or one with discussion of important political and social topics. However, recently it has started to become like any other social media platform and people have begin posting selfies, their everyday routine and what not.
However, you must know the right use of the platform and practice that. So here’s what all you can do on Twitter:
1. Following important personalities (actors, politicians, organisations, businesses)
2. Be active in scrolling through the feed to look at what’s new.
3. Check out for recent trends on twitter (trending hashtags).
4. Re-tweet tweets of your favourite personalities and posts you really admire.
5. Share your views through tweets or re-tweets with comments, whether in favour or against anyone’s opinion/policies etc.
6. Increase your reach by using trending hashtags, creating valuable content and engaging with people.