Are you tired of procrastinating on things that matter? 😥
Trust me, I’ve been there.
Some time back, I used to say “TOMORROW”, “TOMORROW”, ”TOMORROW” until the day I had a huge pile of work that I couldn’t handle and it stressed me like hell.
If you’re undergoing something similar, here are some ways to get back on track:
- Make a To-Do list the night before. I do this every single night as it helps me stay cautious since the morning and prevents me from wasting time overthinking WHAT TO DO.
- Mark your goals with timelines. You don’t need to fix a time slot for everything like “I’ll do client work from 1.30 to 2.30” because this would not lead you anywhere. Instead, write “I’ll finish client-1’s work by 2.30 p.m. This would keep you conscious about your tasks while also allowing some flexibility.
- Think about the outcome. It might serve as the motivation. For instance, for me, it’s majorly STRESS. Think about unhappy clients, no growth, losing on money etc. and don’t let that happen.
- DON’T start your day with your smartphone in your hand. It would really help. Instead, start with a small task. Something as little as making your bed might help you feel happy and motivate you to work more.
- Identify your peak hours of the day and do the most difficult or important tasks at that time. For me, it is around 9 p.m to 12 a.m and I use it for writing work as I need a peaceful environment for it.
- Keep everything organized. Honestly, if I have to start from scratch, I don’t start it at all. Instead, I break down everything in bites, and it really helps. E.g. To create content, I take out a day to only note ideas for the entire week and elaborate on them. On some other day, I create the posts and schedule them. It helps. You can use Trello or Notion to keep things organized.