Tooth decay or cavity is common these days. The real problem with it is that once it starts spreading, there’s no cure to it except getting it replaced with a dental filling. So, it is anyway better to prevent tooth decay than to treat it. Following are some tips, using which you can prevent tooth decay or cavities and have stunning teeth:
1. Brush your teeth at least twice everyday using a toothpaste with fluoride. Try to brush it after every meal. But at least after having any sweets and at bed time.
2. Wash your mouth with mouth wash on frequent basis to avoid any remaining food particle as well as foul smell from mouth.
3. Eat tooth-healthy food and avoid sweets or other sticky food that sticks to your tooth.
4. Make frequent destist visits to get your teeth examined for any cavities at its initial stage.
5. Keep yourself hydrated. Dry mouth can prevent it from flushing out particles around the tooth, thereby making them stick around the teeth.
6. Get yourself a combined treatment that includes chewing non-sugary gum and other things to prevent tooth decay.
7. Brush properly. It isn’t just the quantuty or number of times you brush that matter. How you brush also matters. Ensure that you don’t leave any corner untouched and brush in different directions.