People all over the world are longing for vacations in the times of coronavirus-imposed lockdowns. Everyone is dreaming about sitting next to the beach and sipping fresh cocktails to beat the hot weather.
Since you can’t go to the beach, we brought the beach to you!
Here are 5 beach-y cocktails that’ll make you feel like you’re on the best vacation of your life.
WHICH COCKTAILS SHOULD I MAKE?
MARGARITA SNOW CONES
Who said snow cones were for children?
- 4 oz. tequila
- 2 oz. triple sec
- 1/2 c. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Lime wedges
- Margarita salt
- 2 c. ice
Know More – Mocktails That’ll Leave You Sippin’ For Days
- In a measuring cup, combine tequila, triple sec, lime juice and honey and stir until honey is fully dissolved.
- Run a lime wedge around the rims of two glasses and dip in salt.
- In a blender, blend ice until the consistency resembles shaved ice. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop shaved ice into glasses, then pour tequila mixture over shaved ice, garnish with a lime round and serve.
Why have piña coladas when you can have mermaid coladas?
- 4 oz. pineapple juice
- 4 oz. white rum
- 4 oz. coconut milk
- 2 oz. blue Curaçao
- 1 c. frozen pineapple chunks
- Ice, for blending
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Sliced pineapple, for garnish
- Paper umbrellas
- In a blender, combine pineapple juice, rum, coconut milk, blue Curaçao, and frozen pineapple. Blend until smooth. If you want it slushier, add ice and blend until slushy.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with maraschino cherries, pineapples, and paper umbrellas.
Combine the two most summer-y drinks out there to make the summer cocktail to beat all other summer cocktails!
- 2 c. orange juice
- 1/2 c. tequila
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- Lime wedge, for rimming glasses
- Coarse salt, for rimming glasses
- 1 bottle champagne or prosecco
- Orange and lime slices for serving
- In a pitcher, combine orange juice, tequila, and lime juice and stir to combine.
- Rim glass rims with lime and dip in salt. Pour in orange juice mixture and top off with champagne.
- Add sliced oranges and limes to glasses and serve.
Know More – Salads That You’ll Fall In Love With
Nothing can top a good sangria.
- 1 (750-mL.) bottle red wine
- 1 c. orange juice
- 1/2 c. brandy
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 c. blueberries
- 1 c. sliced strawberries
- 1 (12-oz.) can seltzer
- In a large pitcher, mix together wine, orange juice, brandy, and sugar then stir in oranges, apples, blueberries, and strawberries.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, preferably 2 hours. Top off with seltzer before serving.
STRAWBERRY JALAPEÑO MINT JULEP
A summer cocktail to mess with your taste buds.
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 jalapeños, halved
- 1/4 c. chopped strawberries
- 8 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 oz. bourbon
- 1 (12-oz.) can seltzer
- Strawberry, for garnish
- Red jalapeño, sliced, for garnish
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, sugar, and jalapeños. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Discard jalapeños.
- In a cocktail glass, muddle strawberries and mint. Add bourbon and 1 tablespoon simple syrup, then fill with ice and top off with seltzer.
- Garnish with mint, a strawberry, and red jalapeño slices.
These recipes are by Delish.