On the 14th of August, 2019, the Misfit Vapor X smartwatch has gone official with a new lightweight design; also inclusive are the Qualcomm’s latest chipset, and probably not enough RAM.
The Vapor X also comes with a new “ultra-comfortable” Sport Strap+ made from silicone. Any 20 mm band will connect, though. Notably, the Misfit Vapor X is also the first smartwatch under the brand to come with three buttons along the side, two of which are customizable in their actions.
Cool New Vapor X from Misfit!
Thanks to more RAM and newer chipsets, things are finally looking up for Wear OS in the performance department.
According to Misfit, the Vapor X, claims to be its lightest and most efficient Wear OS smartwatch.
- The Vapor X has a 1.19-inch AMOLED display.
- Its 42mm case is built with a lightweight aluminum alloy that weighs in at 43 grams.
(The weight of previous Vapor watches isn’t listed on their respective spec sheets for comparison; we’ve reached out to Misfit for a more complete rundown.)
- The Vapor X features the Qualcomm Snapdragon 3100 processor.
- Misfit asserts that you can expect a full day of battery power, or more if you use its new battery-saving mode.
- There’s also a magnetic charger that can push 80% of the battery in 50 minutes.
- The watch features the usual 512MB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage.
(The jury is still out on whether throwing more RAM at a Wear OS-based device will help to solve its issues; the Vapor X probably won’t suffer much, if at all, for sticking with a standard spec.)
- It supports on-device GPS, Spotify, NFC for Google Pay, a heart rate sensor, and are waterproof up to 30 meters deep.
- The Vapor X looks more casual.
More Insight –
Price and Availability –
Misfit’s Vapor X is available now for an introductory price of $199.99, which is $80 less than its eventual price of $279.99. We haven’t tested the Vapor X yet, but $199.99 sounds like the right price for a watch with fewer bells and whistles than the $295 Fossil Gen 5.