The outrageous stories coming out of the coronavirus pandemic just don’t seem to stop. Now, a story coming from the Ghaziabad city of India would surely be one of the most absurd we’ve heard of in recent times.
Two persons who were habitual drinkers died in the city after consuming nail polish remover, aftershave lotion and sanitizer, while one person who had consumed the toxic chemicals along with them is in critical condition in a hospital, police said on Monday. This has certainly shocked many people around the area. India has been under a strict lockdown which means that all alcohol shops were closed until recently.
Coronavirus Update – How The Healthcare Industry Is Suffering
Even the ones that did open recently have been selling alcohol at extremely high rates. This had been a problem for many alcoholics. Let’s find out more about the incident this led to.
WHAT HAPPENED IN INDIA DURING THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC?
The duo has been identified as Mangat Ram Sharma (60), and Krishan Pal alias Pali (40), died after consuming the alcohol-based liquids. The son of Mangat Ram Sharma known as Kavindra Sharma revealed that his father was fond of drinking but could not access any booze.
Coronavirus Update – Amazon Workers Demand Changes Introduced During Pandemic To Be Made Permanent
Pali brought the alcohol-based nail polish remover, aftershave lotion and sanitizer in order to make up for the deficient liquor. All three were immediately admitted to a hospital where Mangat Ram and Pali died. The third person identified as Hadley is currently undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Meerut.
You cannot make people give up alcohol at this point. The availability has to be made so that they are able to satisfy their thirst for the liquid. We won’t be surprised to see more such incidents surface.