The novel coronavirus currently affecting the world is a threat to everyone, no matter who they are. The virus tests the body’s immune strength. Thus, people who do not have strong immune systems face a higher danger.
However, there are many foods that can help improve the body’s immunity.
Here are 2 recipes to help strengthen your immune system.
Coronavirus Update – How To Sanitize Your Produce
WHICH RECIPES CAN HELP ME STRENGTHEN MY IMMUNE SYSTEM DURING THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC?
BLACK EYED BEANS SALAD
The term “salad” puts many people off, but who said you can’t have fun with a salad?
- Black-eyed beans (2 cups)
- Tomato (2 tomato, chopped small)
- Cucumber (1 small or half big, chopped small)
- Lemon (one small or half big)
- Salt (2 tablespoon)
- Black pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Herb for garnish (basil/coriander/mint)
How To Make The Salad:
- Boil black-eyed beans in salt water and let them cool.
- Mix tomatoes, cucumber, and boiled black-eyed beans in a big bowl.
- Season salad with salt, pepper, and lemon. You can also add a few more spices.
- Garnish with herbs before serving.
IMMUNE BOOSTER SMOOTHIE
Who doesn’t love a smoothie? They taste well, look good, and are so Instagram-worthy!
- Soya milk (2 cups)
- Berries (1 bowl)
- Bananas (2 ripe)
- Turmeric (1 whole fresh)
- Ginger (1 inch)
- Beetroot (1 small or half of big)
- Orange (1 cut and deseeded)
- Honey (2 tablespoon)
- Chia seeds (2 spoons)
How To Make The Smoothie:
- Add soya milk to a blender. You can also replace with any plant-based milk of your choice.
- Add bananas, ginger, beetroot, orange, turmeric (can be replaced with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder), and your choice of berries.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into mug and garnish with chia seeds or 5-6 pieces of pumpkin seeds before serving.
Make these recipes, build your immunity, and also click some Instagram-worthy pictures while doing it!