One of the many things that we’re missing out on because of this pandemic is going out and being able to eat at the outlets we love so much. Pizza, sandwiches, coffee, cinnamon rolls, and whatnot. But the thing that we’re missing the most – donuts.
Gooey blobs of sweet, sugar-y goodness.
So, we thought we’d bring you recipes of lip-smackingly delicious donuts so you wouldn’t have to miss them so much.
But then we thought, why stop there?
Know More – Rice Dishes You’ll Be Making All Day, Every Day
So, we decided to bring you recipes for donuts that aren’t exactly donuts!
WHICH NON-DONUT DONUTS SHOULD I MAKE?
Waffles, but donuts.
This recipe is by Delish.
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips, melted
- Rainbow sprinkles, for serving
- Cooking spray
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk together sugar, milk, sour cream and vanilla until evenly combined. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- When the waffle maker is hot, grease with cooking spray. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the center of waffle iron and cook until the wonut golden. Place on a cooling rack while you cook the rest.
- Spoon melted chocolate onto the center of each wonut, then top with rainbow sprinkles. Serve warm or at room temperature.
BAKED LEMON BLUEBERRY DONUTS
We have no words.
This recipe is by The Recipe Rebel.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar 150 g
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp grated lemon zest depending on your tastes
- 1 cup buttermilk or substitute regular milk
- 2 2/3 all-purpose flour 350g
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups powdered icing sugar
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest
- 7-8 tbsp fresh lemon juice or milk see notes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and grease your doughnut pans with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, oil and sugar and whisk until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, lemon zest and buttermilk and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and whisk just until combined. Stir in blueberries. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter into a large disposable piping bag or freezer bag (optional method – see notes. You can also spoon batter into doughnut pan). Cut off the end of the bag so your opening is about ½-3/4” wide (big enough for the blueberries to get through). Pipe batter once around each doughnut hole – the batter shouldn’t quite fill the hole as they’ll expand and rise.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from the doughnut pan to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: In a medium bowl (not too deep as you’ll want to be able to dip your donuts), combine sugar, zest, and 6 tbsp of juice or milk. Add an additional 1-2 tbsp of liquid if needed. You want your glaze to be thin enough to evenly coat your donuts, but thick enough that it will set and become dry to the touch.
- When donuts are completely cool, dip tops of donuts into the glaze and overturn so the glaze runs down the sides. Set aside for the glaze to set (or, just shove them right in your mouth!).
GLAZED DONUT CAKE
Bigger and better.
This recipe is by Delish.
- Nonstick cooking spray, for pan
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. whole milk
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- flour, for sprinkling
- 1/2 c. strawberries, chopped
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325° and coat bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray..
- In a large bowl, add cake mix, sour cream, milk, butter, vanilla and eggs, and whisk to combine.
- Spray a bundt pan with baking spray. Pour in cake batter and smooth out with a spatula.
- Bake cake until golden, 43 to 45 minutes. Let cool.
- Make frosting: Blend strawberries in a blender. In a large bowl, whisk together strawberries, cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Pour frosting over cake and top with sprinkles.
Strawberries make everything better!
This recipe is by Delish.
- 1 envelope dry yeast
- 3/4 c. (6 fluid ounces) warm water
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c. (4 fluid ounces) buttermilk
- 4 c. all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- Strawberries, rinsed, green tops cut off, and halved
- Canola oil, for frying
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
Know More – Soup Recipes To Blow Your Tastebuds Away
- Fit stand mixer with a dough hook attachment. Combine yeast, water, and sugar in the mixer bowl and let stand about 5 minutes, or until mixture begins to bubble.
- Add salt and vanilla and stir to incorporate. Then add the egg and half the flour and mix until combined. Mix in butter, then add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix until thoroughly incorporated and dough is completely smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Spray a large, clean bowl with nonstick cooking spray and place dough inside. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm spot in your kitchen until doubled in size, about 60-90 minutes.
- Once risen, punch dough down, remove it from the bowl to a floured work surface, and roll out with a rolling pin, sprinkling with additional flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Cut rolled dough out using 2-inch round cookie or biscuit cutters. Put one strawberry half in the center of each circle and pull sides of circle up over the fruit to cover, pinching dough together to seal. Roll dough gently between your hands to create a more even ball shape, then place balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet and let rise another 30 minutes.
- Line another baking sheet with paper towel and set aside. Heat canola oil in a large saucepot over medium heat, until oil reaches about 360 degrees F. Fry donuts in hot oil until deep golden brown, turning as needed to create even browning on all sides and ensure they are completely cooked through. Move fried donuts to paper towel-lined baking sheet to drain, let cool 5-10 minutes, and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Targeted Keywords – how to make donuts at home, chocolate Donut, Donut recipe without yeast, Eggless Donut recipe, chocolate cake donuts, Krispy Kreme Donut recipe, types of doughnuts, how to fry donuts without a deep fryer, deep frying donuts