Taking care of your skin is extremely important. However, it’s not necessary for you to establish a whole 10-step skincare routine to make sure your skin gets the care it deserves. You can take time to figure out what works for your skin, whether it includes 5 different types of lotions or just a facewash and drinking water. No matter how you take care of your skin, little boosts of nutrients and energy never hurt anyone. These pick-me-ups for your skin come in the form of face masks.
So, we bring to you 5 homemade face masks to put your skincare routine over the top!
WHICH FACE MASKS SHOULD I MAKE?
HONEY CITRUS MASK
This mixture of honey and orange will give your skin an everlasting glow.
- Combine three tablespoons of orange juice with a quarter-cup of honey.
- Rub the mixture lightly over your face and then leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and, as always and forever, follow with a moisturizer.
Know More – Pies To Blow Your Mind And Taste Buds Away
THE BREAKFAST MASK
The oatmeal soothes the skin and the egg yolks tighten it, giving you calm and mattified oily skin.
- Combine one egg yolk, one tablespoon of honey, and one tablespoon of olive oil (yes, olive oil) with half a cup of oatmeal.
- Stir well, then apply it to your face for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water (make sure your drain is cool with oatmeal!) and then moisturize.
NOURISHING HONEY MASK
Vitamin B-rich yeast, mixed with the natural antibacterial properties of honey help fight acne.
- Brew one cup of chamomile tea with two tea bags and let cool completely.
- In a tiny bowl, stir together one tablespoon of manuka or raw honey, and one teaspoon of nutritional yeast.
- Add just enough chamomile tea to the bowl to create a thicker paste that’s still runny enough to spread across your skin, but not too watery.
- Apply a thin layer to your face and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off and pat dry. Moisturize afterward!
COCOA DREAM HYDRATION MASK
The ingredients in this mask are extremely hydrating, full of antioxidants, skin-soothing, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory. Plus, this mask this fully edible and so yummy, that if you ate it, you wouldn’t be the only guilty one!
- Mash one-quarter of an avocado in a small bowl.
- Stir in one tablespoon cocoa powder and one tablespoon honey, mashing and mixing well.
- Apply the mask to your clean, dry skin for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water, then moisturize as per usual.
BUTTERY HYDRATION MASK
The simplest mask on this list, it will leave your skin smooth as a baby’s butt.
- Mix 1/2 cup of buttermilk in with two tablespoons of yogurt.
- Leave on face for a few hours and then wash off to see a glow like no other.
The recipes for these face masks are from Marie Claire.