Casper, the mattress company, has recently announced about their latest sleep friendly light. This latest gadget that helps with a person’s sleep pattern, is given the name Glow.
Do read on the know more about this gadget. You can also click on their website for further information and in order to purchase their products.
What exactly is Glow?
Casper has been in the mattress business for the past few years. They have plenty of products that helps you to sleep. From dog beds to nap pillows to its own nap store to now this amazing gadget called Glow.
While the company has never made this kind of Internet-connected hardware before, Chief Strategy Officer Neil Parikh pitched this light as part of Casper’s mission to improve sleep. And although there’s already whole categories of sleep-friendly light bulbs and smart lamps, the Glow has a couple of smart touches that could make it particularly appealing.
Parikh’s words – “You can expect a lot more from us in the same vein, trying to help people [sleep] across the board, in a multivariate way. It’s a very complicated problem.”
As Chief Product Officer Jeff Chapin put it, “it is mimicking the setting of the sun and it helps you get sleepier as it dims into lower and lower amplitudes. There are some people who are never going to download the app and that’s fine. “We’ve leveraged the good and the bad of light so that it would help you fall asleep, stay asleep and go back to sleep into the night.”
More Insight –
Features of Glow –
The basic use of the Glow is pretty straightforward. You turn it on by flipping it over, and it fills your room with warm LED light. Here are some of its features –
- You can control and customize the Glow with a smartphone app.
- The Glow can also be controlled by gesture — flipping it to turn it on and off again, twisting it (when it’s set on a flat surface) to adjust the brightness and wiggling it to get a low light.
- The light dims to darkness over a 45-minute period.
- The Glow is also portable.
- the Glow is pretty small (five inches tall and three inches wide).
- The light comes with a small base for wireless charging.
- You can also set a wakeup time so that the Glow gradually lights up again.
- If you’re a frequent traveler who struggles with jet lag, you can even “freeze” the settings.
- In addition to buying a single Glow for $89, you can also get a two-pack for $169.
Also, it sounds like Casper has plans more products that go beyond bedding, addressing broader environmental factors that affect sleep.
“You can expect a lot more from us in the same vein, trying to help people [sleep] across the board, in a multivariate way,” Parikh said. “It’s a very complicated problem.”