Who doesn’t love snacking? Whether you’re working, studying, or Netflix-ing away, snacks are the perfect companion to keep you going.
However, most people have a very limited variety of snacks available to them and most of them are unhealthy. (we’re looking at you, reader-with-cheeto-dust-covered-fingers)
So, we compiled the recipes for 4 healthy snacks that we know you’ll love!
WHICH HEALTHY SNACKS SHOULD I MAKE?
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pour chickpeas onto baking sheet in an even layer.
- When oven is heated, place chickpeas in oven until completely dry, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove chickpeas from oven and toss with oil and salt. Return to oven and bake until golden brown, dry, and crispy, 33 to 35 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Combine chickpeas and seasonings on sheet tray and toss to combine. Spread into an even layer and let cool completely.
- To store, place in a resealable bag or tupperware, with the bag slightly open or lid ajar to maintain crispness.
BACON AVOCADO FRIES
- 3 avocados
- 24 thin strips of bacon
- 1/4 c. ranch dressing, for serving
Know More – No-Bake Desserts You’ll Keep Making!
- Preheat oven to 425º. Slice each avocado into 8 equally-sized wedges. Wrap each wedge in bacon, cutting bacon if needed. Place on a baking sheet, seam side down.
- Bake until bacon is cooked through and crispy, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
FOR AIR FRYER
- Slice each avocado into 8 equally-sized wedges. Wrap each wedge with a strip of bacon, cutting bacon if needed.
- Working in batches, arrange in air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook at 400° for 8 minutes until bacon is cooked through and crispy.
- Serve warm with ranch.
SWEET ‘N SALTY CHOCOLATE BARK
- 2 (12-oz.) bags dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 c. salted pretzels, roughly chopped
- 1/4 c. dried cherries
- 1/4 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 c. unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Flaky sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour a third of the melted dark chocolate onto prepared baking sheet and use an offset spatula to spread into an even layer, 1/8″ thick.
- Evenly sprinkle with half the pretzels, cherries, coconut, and pistachios.
- Pour over remaining melted dark chocolate and spread to evenly cover ingredients.
- Evenly sprinkle with remaining pretzels, cherries, coconut, and pistachios. Garnish with flaky sea salt.
- Let bark cool until set, 1 hour, then break into pieces. Store bark in a resealable container until ready to eat.
S’MORES BANANA BITES
- 1 banana
- 1/4 c. marshmallow Fluff
- 1/4 c. graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 1/2 c. bittersweet chocolate chips, melted
- Slice banana into 12, 1/2″ pieces.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Assemble bites: Place 6 banana slices on baking sheet and top with a large dollop of Marshmallow Fluff and a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs. Top with remaining bananas to make a sandwich. Stabilize with a toothpick if desired. Freeze until firm, 1 hour.
- Once sandwiches are frozen solid, dunk half in melted chocolate, and then into remaining graham cracker crumbs. Place back in freezer until fully set, 30 minutes more (or until ready to serve).
These recipes are by Delish.