We’re now in agreement that dogs deserve to have the best of everything – be it food, toys, or friends. So, we should all try really, really hard to make that happen.
To help you on that journey, we brought to you recipes for homemade treats that your canine best friend would love.
Now, we’ll help you with making homemade meals for them!
This not only allows you to fill their food with love (which we have so much of,) but it also allows you to ensure that they are getting the right nurtrients from quality ingridients.
So, here are the recipes for homemade dog food!
Know More – Dog Food Basics – Common Allergies
WHAT MEAL SHOULD I MAKE FOR MY DOGS?
TURKEY AND VEGGIES FOOD BOWL
So full of colours, so full of nutrients.
This recipe is by Damn Delicious.
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pounds ground turkey
- 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup peas, canned or frozen
- In a large saucepan of 3 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks.
- Stir in spinach, carrots, zucchini, peas and brown rice until the spinach has wilted and the mixture is heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
SPINACH AND SALMON SCRAMBLE
We’re not kidding, we’re getting jealous now.
This recipe is by Rachel Ray.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 can skinless, boneless salmon (3 ounces), drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- In a small non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the spinach and salmon and cook until heated through.
- Add the eggs and stir continuously until cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and serve in a dog bowl.
Know More – Dogs And Mental Health Issues
Better taste, better health!
This recipe is by The Nest.
- Cookie sheet
- Baking spray
- 6 cups of flour — white, whole wheat or oat
- 1 cup of powdered milk
- 2 mixing bowls
- 2 wooden spoons
- 3 large eggs or four medium eggs
- 1/3 cup baking oil
- 2-1/2 cups of milk, broth or water
- OPTIONAL – Shredded cheese/pureed fruits or vegetables/peanut butter/meats (cooked and shredded)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with a light coating of baking spray and set it aside.
- Pour the flour and powdered milk into a mixing bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon to combine the ingredients and set the bowl aside.
- Mix the eggs, baking oil and liquid choice in the second mixing bowl with a wooden spoon until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix into a thick, moist dough, similar to bread. Add any additional ingredients that you wish to mix in, such as the cheese, shredded meat, pureed fruits or vegetables. If the dough is too dry, add some additional liquid; if it is too wet, add some additional flour to get a smooth consistency.
- Use the wooden spoon to spread the kibble dough onto the greased cookie sheet until it is approximately one-half inch thick. Place the tray in the oven.
- Bake the dog food for approximately 45 minutes until it is brown and firm to the touch. Pull the cookie sheet from the oven and allow to cool.
- Remove the baked “cookie” from the tray and break it into bite-sized pieces for your dog. Store the crunchy dog food in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
POSH CHICKEN DINNER LAYER CAKE
When did dog food start looking this fancy?
This recipe is by Wag The Dog UK.
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) Chicken
- 1/2 cup of carrots
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 1/2 cup of sweet corn
- 1 medium Apple
- 1 Egg shell and all
- 1 cup of Brown rice
- Pre-heat oven to 170º C (325º F, Gas Mark 3)
- Pop the chopped carrots, peas, and sweet corn in a pot to cook and soften.
- Peel and chop apple into small pieces
- Minced the chicken in a food processor. (or just buy it already minced)
- Cook brown rice according to package
- Mush vegetable mix
- Pulverize a whole egg so that shell is totally crushed.
- Blend chopped apple, egg and chicken together in a mixing bowl
- Mix vegetable melee and rice together in bowl
- Grease a cake pan or line with baking paper.
- Take 1/2 of chicken mixture and place in bottom of cake pan.
- Take about 2/3 of the veggie and rice mix and place on top of chicken base
- use the rest of chicken mixture and place on top of the veggie and rice mix
- Top up the cake with the last of the veggie mixture
- Pop it into your pre-heated oven and cook for 35 minutes or until juices run clear
- Let cool and then remove from pan and slice a piece of posh chicken heaven for your dog.
Targeted Keywords – homemade puppy food recipes vet approved, homemade dog food recipes for small dogs, homemade dog food recipes for skin allergies, cheap homemade dog food, balanced homemade dog food recipes, homemade dog food crockpot, homemade dog food supplements