Few days back we had mentioned all about the new upcoming features that were announced at Apple’s World Wide Developer Conference (WWDC) 2018 on the 4th of June.
But one of the most exciting feature was the Memoji, with which you can create your own animojis.
To find out more about all the excitement of the WWDC 2018, just click here.
Before finding out how to create your own Memojis, let’s have a look at all the stuffs this Memoji could do.
More details about Memoji
Apple’s Craig Federight, who is the Senior Vice President of the Software Engineering sector, had announced at the WWDC 2018, saying, “We wanted to take Animoji even further. You can now create your very own, personalised Animoji.”
This was nothing but the announcement about Memoji. With this, you could create amazing new animojis which can be customized according to your liking. These are extremely accurate as it is capable of detecting even minute moments including your hair movements.
This Memoji which would look exactly look you and also shows your creative side as you could give additional features as well like bright pink hair to even a blue skin tone!
These avatars could also be used during your video calls (Facetime) since it uses IR beams making it so realistic and easy to use as well. In the new update you would also find new options including a koala, T-Rex and friendly ghost. Another new feature is Tongue Detection.
How to create your Memoji?
The Memoji works only on the iOS 12. So you would have to keep your excitement on hold since the iOS 12 would be available to all Apple devices mostly from the September of this year. But if you have an iPhone X then due to its TrueDepth camera, this how you create your Memoji –
- Open iMessage and either click on a new conversation or open an existing conversation.
- Click on the App Drawer and select the Animoji icon.
- Now swipe right till you find ‘New Memoji’ and select the ‘+’ button (Add button).
- Start customizing your Memoji with tonnes of choices to choose from like eyewear, accessories, skin tones, hair, eyes, nose, freckles, hats, etc.
- Now select ‘Done’ at the top right corner. This would make it available in the gallery which can be edited whenever you want by selecting the 3 dots at the bottom left corner. You could also select ‘Duplicate’ option to create various different versions of your Memoji.
You could add your Memoji even in your camera of iMessage by placing your Memoji over your head during face time as well. You can also download them as stickers.
Earlier Samsung Galaxy S9 had released their own AR Emoji which used facial recognition but wasn’t up to the mark. Another famous competitor is Snapchat’s Bitmoji which takes a lot of time to create the avatar but it’s available for all devices.
The only flaw is that your Memoji has no body. But Memoji is still the first of its kind for Apple with many new features. So move aside poop or pig emojis because it is now the era of Memojis.