Social media has taken up our lives. We no more live in real world. All our interactions, gaming, shopping and everything has been confined to gadgets now. While it is okay, to use social media, but addiction? Not justified! Spending hours on social media and not completing everyday tasks, scrolling feed throughout the day even when there’s nothing new or feeling low seeing perfection on social media, is not okay!
So, how you can overcome or give up your social media addiction? Follow the given tips, I’m sure you would find yourself at a better state.
1. Delete or deactivate your profile for a while, until you feel like you don’t need it any more. Trust me, it would help even if you feel like you are dying for it.
2. Change the location or position of the social media icon as you may be habitual of tapping it as soon as you pickup your phone.
3. Keep your profile limited to certain people, the more you follow, more you will get on your feed to stay addicted.
4. Develop hobbies which keep you away from internet or social media. It can be dancing, playing instrument, cricket, reading books or anything.
5. Monitor your social media use. Keep a track on what and how long you use so that it is easy to limit yourself. For this, you can also use applications like Your hour