Huawei, the Chinese company, had launched the first set of TalkBand series – B1 in 2014. Later B2 was released, after which B3 was released 2 years back in 2016.
It looks like Huawei is jumping back to the TalkBand smart watch series with the launch of B5, i.e. skipping B4.
Last year, Huawei had withdrawn the launch of TalkBand B4. Probably it was after a good thought and the result now is the stylish new TalkBand B5.
The rumor was first brought to light by a tweet from the much reliable source, Evan Blass. The tweet leaked out certain product images without giving out much information about the product details.
Just a day before, this rumor was confirmed with the promotional poster. The announcement would be officially made at an event in China on the 18th of July, 2018. This announcement is going to be accompanied by another launch, which is the Huawei Nova 3 smartphone. The event is said to be held at the Shenzhen Universiade Stadium at about 9 AM (local time).
Also, it’s confirmed that the B5 would be available for sale on the shelves from the 20th of July.
What are the rumoured features of the Huawei TalkBand B5?
The B5 is much like the other TalkBand series of smart-band. But it sure has (or will have) certain new features. Hence, here is a list of all the features based on the speculations –
- It resembles the other TalkBand smart watches, i.e. it is a wearable which not only has the smart watch features but also has the pop out Bluetooth headset feature.
- Clearly, it is a 2 in 1 (single) wearable device.
- As usual, the detachable Bluetooth headset can be used to answer calls (now via a connected contact list).
- The smart band tends to have a much bigger display.
- It has an elongated touch-screen. It is mostly the OLED type like the other TalkBand series or AMOLED touch screen, and with bigger fonts.
- The display is not monochrome like B3, rather it is a color display.
- This TalkBand B5 is also a mark of fashion statement, although at a first glance it looks much like the B3.
- The B5 seems to have 2 color options. One of it being a gold with leather strap and the other option being a silver with a metallic strap/band. The core remains to be black.
- It can be used as a fitness tracker.
- They can be supported in Android as well as iOS, considering that the previous bands did so.
- It is said to maintain the IP67 water as well as dust resistance.
- It could have features like Heart rate monitor (TruSeen 2.0), Sleep tracker, weather, count steps, power, caller ID, etc.
- Much like Apple’s Siri, B5 is said to have a voice assistant.
The price is not known but rumour has it that the Huawei TalkBand B5 is competing with the Xiaomi’s Mi Band 3, thus the cost would be around 169 Yuan (~$25).
Huawei has two other patented ideas. One of them is a smart watch which stores wireless earbuds. Thus, it is quite evident that the Chinese company wants to make a statement.
Hence, we can only wait for the final announcement for the exact new features of the B5.