Ever since the iOS 12 was announced on the 4th of June at the Apple’s WorldWide Development Centre WWDC 2018, the Apple lovers have been extremely thrilled.
Click here to find out more about the announcements regarding WWDC 2018.
On 25th June, 2018, Apple launched their first public beta of the iOS 12 for the respective compatible devices which can run on iOS 11.
Definitely iOS 12 has promised many exciting new features so with this Public Beta version, you can easily try out the new features.
Why Public Beta?
Basically the Public Beta of iOS 12 could be used for 3 main reasons –
- For those who want to be ahead among the Apple friends in order to check out the features of iOS 12 before its launch.
- Even those who haven’t registered as an Apple developer can install the iOS 12.
- Those who want to find the bugs and help the developers with the trials, can install this.
What are the Compatible Devices?
- iPhone – iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s.
- iPad –9-inch iPad Pro 2nd generation, 12.9-inch iPad Pro 1st generation, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPad 6th generation, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad Mini 4, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 2.
- iPod Touch – iPod Touch (6th generation).
What do you require?
In order to install the Public Beta, you need to have the following –
- Good speed of your Wi-Fi connection.
- Battery of your Apple device to be above the recommendable level of 50%.
- Preferably a secondary device in order to avoid any loss in the worst case scenario.
How to Install Public Beta for iOS 12?
The installation process will hardly take 20 to 30 minutes and is quite simple.
Step 1) Back up is considered as the first step and is one of the most important step for obvious reasons. Also, do make sure to update all your apps before backing up.
Click here to find out how to back up your Apple devices via iCloud as well as via iTune.
Step 2) Archive by clicking on Devices, right clicking on the new Back-up which was created and then select Archive from the drop-down menu.
Step 3) Open Safari from your device and go to Apple Beta Software Program.
Step 4) Click on Sign-Up or Sign-In if you’re already a member, in order to enter the credentials for your Apple ID.
Step 5) Click to Agree on the terms & conditions of the Apple Beta Software Program.
Step 6) Guide for Public Betas screen > click on iOS tab > Select Get Started > Click on to Enroll your iOS device.
Step 7) Enroll Your Devices Screen > select the iOS tab > click on Download Profile.
Step 8) Select your device, i.e. either ‘iPhone’ or ‘iPad’ and click on Allow.
Step 9) Click on Install and restart your device after installing.
Step 10) Now launch the Settings app o your device.
Step 11) Select General > click on Software Update > select Download and Install > click on Install Now.
NOTE:- Before you download iOS 12 on your device, keep in mind that the beta isn’t finished, and it still has bugs. Hence, it is totally up to you whether to install it or not.