In this scorching hot weather, you need a refreshing drink regularly. However, in the time of a lockdown that has lasted months, you need something to resemble the life you lived, out on the town! So, the homemade mocktails are the perfect way to quench your thirst while also giving you a break from the monotonous life we’ve been living for the past 4 months.
Here are the recipes for 4 picture-perfect mocktails!
WHICH MOCKTAILS SHOULD I MAKE?
BLACKBERRY VIRGIN MOJITO
Why would you drink a regular virgin mojito when you could drink one that tastes (and looks) better?
This recipe is by Delish.
- 1/2 c. packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. blackberries
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. lime juice
- 2 (12-oz.) cans seltzer
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- In a small pot using a wooden spoon or using a mortar and pestle, crush mint leaves. Add sugar and water and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Let boil 3 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, then strain out mint leaves, pressing with a wooden spoon to help release all liquid.
- In a small bowl, add blackberries and sugar, and using a wooden spoon, crush blackberries until broken down.
- Divide blackberries between 4 glasses and add 2 tablespoons simple syrup and 2 tablespoons lime juice to each glass. Fill glasses with ice and top off with seltzer, then garnish with mint.
Know More – Milkshakes To Make Your Mouth Water
All of the elegance, none of the hangovers!
This recipe is by Love Bakes Good Cakes.
- 1 bottle (2 liters) ginger ale, chilled
- 1 can (46 oz.) pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 bottle (64 oz.) white grape juice, chilled
- Combine in a large bowl, and bottoms up!
GRAPEFRUIT AND ROSEMARY MOCKTAIL
We guarantee you that you won’t find a better looking (or tasting) mocktail.
This recipe is by Place of My Taste.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cups fresh pink grapefruit juice
- ¼ cup of the rosemary simple syrup
- 4 cups sparkling water
- Rosemary Simple Syrup: In a small sauce pan on the stove, add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of granulated sugar over medium heat. Dissolve the sugar for about 5 minutes. Do not let the mixture boil or crystals will form. Once the sugar has dissolved, pour the simple syrup into a heat safe container. Add 3 sprigs of rosemary and let steep for at least one hour. The syrup will keep in the refrigerator for ten days.
- Add ½ cup fresh pink grapefruit into a serving glass. Add 1 Tablespoon (1/2 oz) of rosemary simple syrup. Stir. Fill the remainder of the glass with sparkling water (about 1 cup)
- Garnish with rosemary sprig.
VIRGIN PINA COLADA
This list (obviously) wouldn’t be complete with the best summer cocktail there is.
This recipe is by Delish.
Know More – Salads That You’ll Fall In Love With
- 1 (10-oz.) bag frozen pineapple chunks
- 4 large scoops of ice cream (about 1 cup)
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 1/2 c. pineapple juice
- Pineapple wedge, for serving
- Maraschino cherry, for serving
- In a blender, blend together frozen pineapple, ice cream, coconut milk, and pineapple juice.
- Divide between glasses and garnish with a pineapple wedge and maraschino cherry.