A lot of us want to sleep less for different reasons. You may want so to be more productive or simply because you sleep too much.
So the first question that you should be clear with is, how much should you sleep?
It may vary from person to person, based on their needs and lifestyle. However, an average adult should sleep for 7-9 hours every night to function normally.
Sleeping excessively can lead to lethargy, obesity and other lifestyle diseases. On the other hand, sleeping less than 7 hours for a long period can also lead to lifestyle diseases, cardiovascular disorders and lack of concentration.
Also Read. 10 Things to love yourself more than ever
But it is seen that some people can feel comfortable and fresh even by sleeping lesser. If you want to experiment with it or want to train your body to sleep less, follow the tips below.
1. Sleep and wake-up at same time everyday.
2. Set alarms without a miss.
3. Keep your phone little far from where you sleep, so that you don’t shut it off.
4. Cut down your time slighly. For example, cut it down by 15 minutes, then 30 minutes, then an hour and then two hours.
5. Sleep for a minimum of six hours.
6. If you feel low during times, take a short nap.
7. Focus on your diet, do not eat less.
8. Last but not the least, give yourself some time and if your body doesn’t feel comfortable sleeping less, come back to your routine.
Targeted Keywords – how to sleep less than 4 hours, how to sleep less reddit, how to sleep less and study more, how to sleep less sadhguru, do you get used to sleep deprivation, hdec2, how to reduce our sleeping time, how to hack sleep cycle, shoonya meditation, shambhavi mahamudra, how to survive work with no sleep, how to wake up with little sleep reddit, why do i feel more energized with less sleep