Every year on November 1, World Vegan Day is celebrated to raise awareness about the benefits of adopting veganism.
The first Vegan Day was celebrated in 1994 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the UK Vegan Society.
Let us have a look at the definition of veganism and some of the key benefits of having a vegan diet and lifestyle.
Veganism is the practice of eating only food derived from plants and typically avoiding the use of any animal products.
Here are a few of its benefits:
1. Eating vegan helps reduce our risk of suffering from cancer and other diseases.
2. It prevents type-2 diabetes.
3. It helps manage healthy body weight.
4. Veganism reduces the pain of arthritis.
5. It saves animals & the environment.
So, why wait? Give veganism a try!